Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We're Doing--For Reals this time..

So Carrie and I have been tossing around the idea of selling the stuff we make. Ok, not really tossing--we had a few things listed on Etsy and while I can't speak for Carrie, I certainly can say that *my* attempts were pretty much half assed. I'd do a few things then stop. Then start. Poor Carrie. (I will publically apoligize right now for my "efforts") Then our wonderful friend Marie put out the call for some stuff for a show she is doing in CA. I called to ask a few questions and she said "Lou, you should send me some aprons". After discussing it a little while longer it was decided that if I sewed 1 paltry apron per day I could send her 15 and possibly make a little money (who doesn't need that right?) So it began. By the time the package was shippped on Monday (that's right-- today) I had 18 aprons....17 childrens and one adult. I had done it!! I had put myself out there for riducule and mockery OR lots of ooooooo-ing and ahhhhhhhh-ing and cries of "I MUST have that apron for my darling little princess". Only time will tell.

In the meantime--Carrie and I also decided that while there ARE some cute apron patterns out there (which will be shown as we make them) there are sooooo many other ideas out there to put to paper. Which is something else we will be working on. Designing our own fabulous aprons and selling the patterns to those.

Don't forget--Mom's Day is fast approaching!!

0 comments: